"Hi I'm Jimmy and my mission is to travel to 100 cities in 730 days. I have been to 54 cities in 365 days up to date." Quoted by Jimmy Pan.



Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nagoya 30Nov - 2Dec08

Called up for Nagoya, Japan! How unexpected. I always love Japan cultures. The food, shopping, people and technologies there too. It is just so amazing to see how Japan technologies surpasses those in Singapore. Charles agrees with me too.

The people in Nagoya are so polite, well all Japanese are polite and friendly. I think its' their culture and upbringing, compare to our modern society, a hell lots of difference if you get what I mean. Loved the weather, cold and windy. How can I not fall in love with a city of four seasons. For fridge magnets collectors like me, I tell you its' impossible to get one there as no shopping areas sells that.

My first time into the shrine temple of Nagoya was unexpected. An accidental discovery with Charles as we were walking towards the shopping Parco area to hunt for my fridge magnet. Wishes board was the first thing we did. There stood a castle of Nagoya north west of the temple, not that I could see it but in accordance to the map. Too bad under time restriction, I can't go over but never the less I will put it on my next trip I guess. Beautiful is the word I describe.

About Nagoya, Japan

Nagoya is the third-largest incorporated city and the fourth most populous urban area in Japan. Located on the Pacific coast in the Chūbu region on central Honshū, it is thecapital of Aichi Prefecture and is one of Japan's major ports along with those of Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Yokohama, Chiba, and Hakata. It is also the center of Japan's third largest metropolitan region, known as the Chūkyō Metropolitan Area. As of 2000, Chūkyō Metropolitan Area has 8.74 million people, of which 2.17 million live in the city of Nagoya.


The city's name was historically written as the older Emperor of that time (also read as Nagoya), and as the city is located between Kyoto, Shikoku and Tokyo, it was also historically known as "central capital" (Chūkyō).


Beautiful and quiet place to visit. A must go destination for travellers. Of course, slightly expensive but affordable for food and shopping. Ratings as below:

Sceneries - 7/10*
Shopping - 7/10*
Food - 8/10*
People - 8/10*

"Jimmy at the Shrine temple"

No comments:

Post a Comment