"Hi I'm Jimmy and my mission is to travel to 100 cities in 730 days. I have been to 54 cities in 365 days up to date." Quoted by Jimmy Pan.



Friday, January 9, 2009

Adelaide 7Jan - 9Jan09

First trip after the holiday season was actually a drag to me. I miss all the fun celebration. Especially Christmas. Being lazy is one of my forte too. haha. Well I am born in the year of boar you see, so of course I am a lazy piggy. haha.

Was surprised to see Joan, my batch girls' sister. We had hell lot of fun only when she don't complain to me about her booby problems haha. Cast that aside, we had a memorable time in Adelaide, Australia. Shopping was our first priority as the shops there closes really early. Like after 5pm, the whole shopping streets of Adelaide turned into a ghostly cold ripped town. Not that I am too over the matter, but it is true. Joan agrees with me too.

I bought my fridge magnet as usual. One star wars t shirt and lots of "ling ling long longs" along side with Joan. She spends more than me, another shopaholic in action especially the discount bargain part. Christine, if you think that I am worst, take a look at your sister!!! haha. Food is pretty hard to get after 5pm. No time to really look around. For lazy people like me, maybe I might like this place because they really stop work on time haha.

Facts about Adelaide, Australia.

Adelaide is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of South Australia, and is the fifth-largest city in Australia, with a population of more than 1.1 million. It is a coastal city situated on the eastern shores of Gulf St. Vincent, on the Adelaide Plains, north of the Fleurieu Peninsula, between the Gulf St. Vincent and the low-lying Mount Lofty Ranges. It is roughly 20 km (12 mi) from the coast to the foothills but sprawls 90 km (56 mi) from Gawler at its northern extent to Sellicks Beach in the south.


Named in honour of Queen Adelaide who was born in Germany, the consort of King William IV, the city was founded in 1836 as the planned capital for the only freely settled British province in Australia. Colonel William Light, one of Adelaide's founding fathers, designed the city and chose its location close to the River Torrens in the area originally inhabited by Indigenous Australians of the Kaurna tribe. Light's design set out Adelaide in a grid layout, interspaced by wide boulevards and large public squares, and entirely surrounded byparkland. Early Adelaide was shaped by religious freedom and a commitment to politicalprogressivism and civil liberties, which led to world-first reforms.


If you are thinking of going to Adelaide for travelling, my advise, go there once, been there, done that kind is enough. Good place to retire though. haha. My ratings:

Sceneries - 4/10*
Shopping - 6/10*
Food - 6/10*
People - 7/10*

"Jimmy at the Shopping street in Adelaide."

No comments:

Post a Comment